The older we get, the more we learn the old adage is true, "Giving is more fun than getting" when it comes to gifts. And when you believe you have found that perfect gift for someone, there's nothing more fun than watching them peel back the wrapping paper.
So how come some people seem to be so good at giving gifts, while others find it a struggle? Because they know where to find the answer; not in the store or online, but within the person receiving the gift.
FOLLOW THESE TIPS:
Before selecting a gift, ask yourself a few questions about the person receiving it:
FOR ADULTS - GIFTS THAT NEVER FAIL
- What is their passion? No passion?
- Then what are their hobbies? What do they spend their free time doing?
- Have they mentioned anything in the past few months that would give you a hint? For example, do they love to watch Rachel Ray? Or the shopping channel?
- Remember there is nothing wrong with giving a gift certificate, if it fits into their passion. If your budget is tight, don't worry. They'll combine the gift certificate with their own money for that 'perfect something.'
Here are a few gifts we've given that have never failed:
- Down throw
- Microwaveable Heat Bag (Homemade or purchased, filled with dried rice or corn)
- Photo Book, hardbound (Made from digital photos you've snapped. Available at photo websites)
- Magic Bullet
- Emergency items (Flashlights, interior emergency lights, carbon monoxide detectors, smoke detectors)
- High quality spices, such as Penzey's
- High-speed Internet Access
- Cell phone (Pre-pay units fit any budget and do not require long term commitments)
- Luxury bedding (Available at great prices through discount department stores)
- Luxury soaps, lotions, and bath products
- Jewelry (available at bargain prices in the Los Angeles Jewelry District)
- Pop-up playsets, tents and tunnels
- Blow-up punching bag
- Dance mat
- DVDs of movies and TV programs from your youth (i.e. the "Little House" series)
- Favorite games (Candyland, Hi Ho Cherry O, Lite Brite, etc.)
We've given you some ideas, so get shopping! Just remember to keep the recipient in mind, and you will reap the satisfaction of giving that