Calendar Policy for Santa Clarita Guide
Please review this posting guidelines to avoid disappointment.
With the growing number of submissions to our calendar we are unable to respond
to all events submitted. If your event does not qualify for a free listing, it may qualify for an upgrade or display ad.
View this information in a table format
Post for Free to our Events Calendar for Santa Clarita
- Businesses may submit only one event per week, such as a restaurant submitting live music or entertainment. If more than one event is submitted,
then we'll pick the one we like best for the calendar. (If you have more events to add, consider our
- The types of fundraisers that do qualify are events that people can participate in or the general public would find fun to watch, such as a
tournament, concert contest, festival, wine tasting, BBQ--something FUN--without an expectation of producing sales.
- Events that last longer than one day will typically not be considered, such as classes, camps, and retreats.
These Events Require the Purchase of an Upgraded Listing
- Promotion of the business' services or products in the event listing or description.
- Branding (including the business or organization name) or "3rd Annual" or similar.
- Pet adoptions located at a pet supply store.
- Grand openings of a business that includes live entertainment.
- Builder-sponsored events designed to create interest in a community.
These Events Require the Purchase of a Display Ad
- Multi-day events such as classes, camps.
- Events designed to produce sales or promote a specific business do not qualify for a free listing. In other words, we won't post
"Kids Eat Free on Thursdays!" or "$5 off a pizza!"
- A venue that charges admission and is hosting an event (such as a theme park).
- Events located outside the boundaries of Santa Clarita Valley.
What We will not Post or Include on the Calendar
- Open houses, ribbon cuttings, grand openings, anniversary celebrations, religious services, and fundraisers without a specific entertainment
- Political and club meetings, work projects, business networking, seminars & workshops, lectures.
Guidelines for Event Submissions
- Events must be family-friendly postings or clean "adult" fun, such as wine tasting.
- Events should appeal to the majority of our viewers and provide interesting answers to the question "What should I do today?"
- Multi-day events up to three days, such as festivals, will be considered but the name of the event must not change.
- When we select content for the calendar, we use the same criteria as listed above. This is why we don't list all of the events that take
place at a particular venue.
- It is best to provide us with a clickable link to your event, but if you don't have one, we'll provide the necessary info on our event page.
- If an event is submitted without complete contact information, the event will not be posted and we will not respond to the submission.
- We'll try to post the event within a week from submission, but we do work on our paid listings first.
Then we process the events in the order they are received.
- If we do not post your event because it does not qualify per these guidelines, we will not contact you.
Posted May 5, 2018