Calendar Policy for Santa Clarita Guide
Please review this posting guidelines to avoid disappointment.
With the growing number of submissions to our calendar we are unable to respond
to all events submitted. If your event does not qualify for a free listing, it may qualify for an upgrade or display ad.
View this information in a table format
Post for Free to our Events Calendar for Santa Clarita
- Businesses may submit only one event per week, such as a restaurant submitting live music or entertainment. If more than one event is submitted,
then we'll pick the one we like best for the calendar. (If you have more events to add, consider our
- Submissions for events already listed will be considered spam.
- The types of fundraisers that do qualify are events that people can participate in or the general public would find fun to watch, such as a
tournament, concert contest, festival, wine tasting, BBQ--something FUN--without an expectation of producing sales.
- Major multi-day events such as community-sponsored festivals (Title may not change)
These Events Require the Purchase of an Upgraded Listing
- Events that charge admission. (Exception may be made for nonprofit events.)
- Promotion of the business' services or products in the event listing or description.
- Branding (including the business or organization name) or "3rd Annual" or similar.
- Pet adoptions located at a pet supply store.
- Grand openings of a business that includes live entertainment.
- Builder-sponsored events designed to create interest in a community.
These Events Require the Purchase of a Display Ad
- Multi-day events such as classes, camps, VBS.
- Events designed to produce sales or promote a specific business do not qualify for a free listing. In other words, we won't post "Kids Eat Free
on Thursdays!" or "$5 off a pizza!" or any event we deem to be designed to promote sales at a specific business on a given day.
- A venue that charges admission and is hosting an event (such as an art or cooking class, theme park, or entertainment complex).
- Events located outside the boundaries of Santa Clarita Valley.
- Events outside the scope listed above may be considered for a display ad.
What We will not Post or Include on the Calendar
- Open houses; ribbon cuttings; grand openings; anniversary celebrations; religious services;
and fundraisers without a specific entertainment component.
- Political and club meetings; work projects; business networking seminars; classes and workshops; lectures; hiring events; online events of any kind.
- Events directed to a finite group such as those of a particular religion or interest.
Guidelines for Event Submissions
- Events must be family-friendly postings or clean "adult" fun, such as wine tasting.
- Events should appeal to the majority of our viewers and provide interesting answers to the question "What should I do today?"
- Multi-day events up to three days, such as festivals, will be considered but the name of the event must not change.
- It is best to provide us with a link to your event, but if you don't have one, we'll provide the necessary info on our event page. We will
not search for a link if the link you provide is not a functioning link.
- If an event is submitted without complete contact information, the event will not be posted and we will not respond to the submission.
- Submissions must include proper punctuation to be easily copied and pasted into a description field in our back-end software.
- Submissions must be easy to understand by all people and not use specific terminology to a particular group of people.
- Submissions must include details of what event attendees can expect to experience at the event.
- Submissions must detail any additional charges attendees can expect at the event. (Are food and activities included--or available for purchase?)
- City names will not be included in the event unless the event is a city-sponsored event.
- We'll try to post the event within a week from submission, but we do work on our paid listings first.
(See below for how you can move your event submission to the top of our list.)
- If we do not post your event because it does not qualify per these guidelines, we will not contact you.
- When we select content for the calendar, we look for information that will be interesting to our viewers and reserve the right to not strictly
follow these guidelines.
- Submission does not guarantee posting of free listings. Our calendar department makes the final decision on which events to post.
Will Your Event Be Posted Quickly?
When posting events to our calendar, we work in the following order:
- Display advertisers
- Expedited and Upgraded listings
- Sponsored listings
- Calendar submitted using our submission form
- Personalized emails
- Press releases
- Events we find in our search
Move Your Event to the Top of our Priority
- Become a Display Advertiser
- Expedite your listing
- Upgrade your listing with an image
- Submit your listing on our submission form