Santa Clarita Guide Terms & Conditions
- This agreement is made between Advertiser and publisher Santa Clarita Guide LLC (SCG).
- All prices reflect automatic credit card processing or full prepayment of agreement, and does not include invoicing. Your credit card statement will serve as your receipt.
- An Automatic Payment Profile must remain active during your advertising term. You may cancel at the end of the term.
- This agreement is entered into the term selected by the Advertiser and may be canceled by either party by providing notice at least thirty days prior to the next billing date.
Advertiser will provide notice to email@example.com. SCG will provide notice to any email address provided by Advertiser.
- SCG reserves the right to accept or reject any advertising copy submitted. Modifications may be made and resubmitted to Advertiser for approval prior to posting.
- SCG is an online publication only.
- Placement of ads may change with redesigns of the SCG website.
- SCG reserves the right to revise the rates and any other terms and conditions at any time. Current advertisers will remain at the same rate until they cancel or are provided a thirty day notice of increase from SCG, at which time they may choose to continue services at the new rate or cancel the agreement. Continued use of the services provided by Publisher indicates Advertiser agrees to the new T&C.
- Failure to perform any term or condition of this Agreement as a result of conditions beyond SCG’s control such as, but not limited to, war, strikes, fires, floods, earthquakes, acts of God, governmental restrictions, power failures, or damage or
destruction of any network facilities or servers, shall not be deemed a breach of this Agreement.
- SCG’s liability is limited to direct costs of advertisement and includes no indirect damage resulting from lost business or profits. Advertiser will indemnify and hold harmless SCG for any loss, expense, or liability resulting from claims
or legal actions resulting from statements or inferences in Advertiser's published ad. SCG will assume no responsibility for any unwanted, unsolicited emails, including Spam to Advertiser’s email address as a result of the email address being posted on SCG’s website.
- SCG may cancel this agreement at any time without notice if Advertiser's credit card is declined. At such time, SCG may re-bill the Advertiser for the outstanding balance due at time of cancellation.
Past due balances shall accrue at the rate of 1.5% per month.
- In the event action is taken between the parties to this agreement, SCG assumes no liability for Advertiser's attorney’s fees. However, if SCG is the prevailing
party, Advertiser assumes SCG's reasonable attorney's fees.
- This agreement shall be deemed to be entered into and performed in Dallas County Texas and shall be construed in accordance with that state’s laws without reference to its choice of law rules.
- None of the terms of this agreement may be altered except by SCG. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, and by facsimile, all of which shall constitute the same agreement.
- This agreement is not enforceable until accepted by SCG. Acceptance will be deemed to occur upon the commencement of work by SCG.
SCG may, in its sole discretion, reject Advertiser’s application for service. Reasons may include but are not limited to
Advertiser fails to provide accurate or complete credit card information or other required information, if SCG determines submission does not fit SCG's audience, or if SCG is unable to provide the services for any reason.
- Upon acceptance, SCG will provide the services of advertising according to the information provided by the Advertiser. SCG accepts no responsibility for
incorrect information provided by Advertiser.
- After posting the listing or ad, SCG will advise Advertiser by email. If Advertiser does not contact SCG via email within one business day to the contrary,
listing or ad is deemed as approved by Advertiser.
- SCG reserves the right to charge advertiser for special or custom production requirements pre-approved by the Advertiser.
- SCG will not be bound by any conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on order blanks or copy instructions when such conditions conflict with the terms and conditions set forth herein. No waiver or modification to the foregoing shall be binding on SCG unless agreed to in writing by SCG.
- Payment is required to reserve an ad space. If payment is not received as of the start date, or if credit card payment is not approved by Advertiser's credit card company, ad space will not be reserved.
- "Ad Start Date" begins within one business day of payment received, unless SCG requires further time to process and post ad. "Ad Start Date" will not be
postponed due to Advertiser's delay in providing necessary information to post ad.
- Editorial or graphic swaps are subject to a $29 processing fee. (Does not include Graphic Design fees, if applicable.)
- SCG is not bound to run any ad promoting an event that has passed. If Advertiser purchases and submits an ad for the minimum term, and time allowed for posting said ad is less than the term, no credit will be provided for the remainder of the term.
- SCG is not bound to run any ad that has gone through the payment process. If the ad is rejected for any reason, a refund will promptly be issued to the Advertiser.
- Once an event is posted, it is the responsibility of the Advertiser to advise SCG of any schedule changes. All updates and changes will be performed during regular business hours. SCG will make every reasonable effort to update these changes, but is under no obligation to do so once the event has been posted.
- Graphic artwork must be provided within one business day to requested ad start date in web-ready format. If not provided in web-ready format,
SCG may chose to create and post a temporary ad in the reserved ad space or refund any payment. Any ad created by SCG remains the property of SCG. A created ad may be a text-only ad reading "Sponsored by [Advertiser Name]" with link to Advertiser's website.
Such ad created by SCG will occupy the space on the first date of the requested ad start date until finished ad is received by SCG or until advertising is canceled, whichever comes first.
Web-ready materials are defined as electronic files that conform to the mechanical specifications published by SCG. SCG may compress the image as required for memory or bandwidth.
- Third party service providers recommended by SCG are not affiliated with SCG. SCG makes no endorsement of service and is not responsible for agreements made between our Advertisers and third party service providers.
- Special Offers All coupons and special offers must post a one-year expiration date from month end of the date posted. (Example: Posted 9-15-13, Expires 9-30-14)
- Calendar Submission: The event submitted prior to purchasing a Paid Listing will be upgraded to the Paid Listing unless SCG receives an email
- Calendar Submission: Paid listings should appear within one business day of purchase, however SCG is not bound by this time frame.
- Calendar Submission: Event Title and Location of Paid Listings may be edited for space. SCG will make a reasonable effort to maintain the title of the event as close to that as requested by Advertiser. An email will be sent to
Advertiser advising the event has been posted, at which time Advertiser is responsible for reviewing the listing.
- Calendar Submission: Paid Listings may list the same multi-day event up to three consecutive days providing the title and location remain the same for all three days.