Calendar Policy for Santa Clarita Guide
Well, we must have one right, so here it is:
- Businesses may submit only one event per week, such as a restaurant submitting live music or entertainment. If more than one event is submitted,
then we'll pick the one we like best for the calendar. (If you have more events to add, consider our
- We don't charge for basic listings, but we do offer upgrades. Click here.
- Family-friendly postings are welcome. Yes, clean "adult" fun is okay, too, such as wine tasting.
- Events should appeal to the majority of Santa Clarita residents and provide interesting answers to the question "What should I do today?"
Basically, if you think your event would make the people in the photo to the right smile, then we can post it. Remember, they'll also smile
if their kids are happy at an event.
- Events designed to produce sales or promote a specific business do not qualify for a free listing. In other words, we won't post "Kids Eat Free
on Thursdays!" or "$5 off a pizza!" Those would qualify for a display ad. (Purchase option here)
- It is not necessary the event be free, but a venue that charges admission and is hosting an event (such as a theme park) would need to purchase
a display ad.
- ales, Open Houses, Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, anniversary celebrations, pet adoptions, lectures, most seminars & workshops, religious
services, and many fundraisers are not considered "events". If there is a special component such as live entertainment, it may qualify.
So, if a builder is hosting a grand opening with live music and free food, they'll have to purchase a
display ad. If your organization is running a car wash, sorry, that won't qualify.
- The types of fundraisers that do qualify are events that people can participate in or the general public would find fun to watch, such as a
tournament, concert contest, festival, wine tasting, BBQ--something FUN--without an expectation of producing sales.
- Events that last longer than one day will typically not be considered, such as classes, camps, and retreats.
- Political and club meetings, work projects, business networking, seminars, lectures will not be posted--except job fairs. We figure that's a
- When we select content for the calendar, we use the same criteria as listed above. This is why we don't list all of the events that take place at
a particular venue.
- It is best to provide us with a link to your event, but if you don't have one, we'll provide the necessary info on our event page.
- We'll try to post the event within a week from submission, but we do work on our paid listings first. Then
we process the events in the order they are received.
- If you manage many events for your organization, send us an email and we'll see if we can work out something mutually agreeable to make the
process easier for you.
- If your event is not within Santa Clarita, or does not meet the above criteria, we do offer a purchase option.
- If we choose not to post your event, we'll do our best to let you know, but due to the amount of submissions received, we may not be able to do so.
Posted November 15, 2017